If you own your own home, you’ll need to have buildings cover just in case your home is damaged and needs a repair. It’s usually a condition of your mortgage and, if you’re a landlord, it’s your responsibility – not your tenants.

Although it’s not compulsory, if you own your own home this sort of insurance should be a top priority.

Home insurance is a general term used to describe two very different types of insurance:

  • Buildings insurance – for permanent fixtures and fittings, like kitchens and bathrooms
  • Contents insurance – for things you keep in your home, like furniture, TVs, personal belongings and some types of flooring including carpets

You can buy both types of insurance separately, or in many cases, you can get them as a joint policy from one insurance company.

We can search through a range of policies to find the one that suits you best from our extensive list of insurers.

01706 817693
How much can I pay?
Mortgage Calculator
How much can I borrow?
Mortgage Calculator
Why choose Mortgagecando?


WHAT DO WE DO? We act for you the Customer

We search the whole market to ensure we find the right mortgage for you
We have built up a large regular client bank over the years and some clients have been with us since the beginning in 1993.
At the outset we believe our clients deserve the best financial services, we still do and we always will.
It is our task to match the correct products to each individual customer and find the best fit.

Call us on 01706 817693 to speak to one of our advisors today.


Richard Atkinson Sawdon is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority who oversees all financial business in the UK. You can find us on their website Our registration number is 302534. Our registered address is Hollins Farm, The hollins, Todmorden, Lancashire, OL14 8BJ